Monday, July 23, 2007

Cock a doodle do!!!!!!!!!!!!





I have a couple of small projects to share that were finished over the weekend.
One is a little tote bag sewn in Christmas fabrics for a November fundraiser that my quilt group is doing in aid of breast cancer research.
The other is a Redwork rooster. I had wanted to finish this up into a quilted banner with some fabric that I ordered from Hancock's of Paducah. The package is taking forever to arrive so I may show a before and after picture later on.
This is only my second Redwork piece and I'm really enjoying this type of embroidery. I still have a lot to learn but I love the way it grows so fast and the fact that I can watch TV while stitching knowing that it is impossible to miscount!
I've also uploaded a few pictures taken this morning while I was at a friends house for coffee. She lives only a few feet away from the ocean and it is just stunningly beautiful.
To the right of one of the pictures (taken from her verandah)you can see some rocks which are the archaeological site of some Roman remains. The remains are open to the public. I've been round the site and it's very interesting.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Margaret your rooster is wonderful, you did a great job on him. Love your little bag, I just finished 6 of them for the church fair, and those photo's of the ocean are just divine.

~Bren~ said...

Your rooster has a personality!!! You can see it in his strut. Beautiful work. Of course I am in awe of the bag as I am bagphobic! What a wonderful view to share with coffee.

Nancy said...

Hola Margaret! Your bag for the Christmas fundraiser is beautiful - I love your combination of fabrics! Mr. Rooster is certainly strutting with pride, and I would be too. You did such a nice job of stitching him, and I know you will influence me to start back on embroidery soon. And, the photos of Spain - just breathtaking to say the least. I love the Spanish architecture.

Enjoy everything,
Nancy

Heidi said...

I love your finishes! That tote bag is just so wonderful and someone will be very happy to buy that at the fundraiser. What a great thing to keep your Christmas stitching in.

The rooster is another fabulous piece of redwork. What a fun new hobby for you.

Sue said...

Beautiful Christmas tote that you made and I love the rooster.

The pics you took from your friend's house make me want to go someplace very warm and near the water ;)

Marissa said...

Margaret, everything´s so so beautiful!! That bag is incredible and the Rooster.. well! that´s the handsome one!! ;) You stitch is so beautiful and neat that it could easily be in an experts magazine.

All your blog updatings are great, Margaret! I told you, You have the talent! Please let me know when you update again, I don´t want to miss ANYTHING my Dear Friend :)

Hugs and Blessings
Your mexican pal
Marissa
:)

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Hi Margaret,
The redwork is beautiful! I admire that needlework but never done any myself. The bag is so fun ~ you've been busy.

The pictures are wonderful - how wonderful to live so near to the ocean. I LOVE living near water - it calms the soul.
~Tanya

Sweet P said...

Your rooster is gorgeous. I love where you live. I visited Spain a long time ago and loved it.

You sent me an email about signing up for the stitchery swap. Do you still want to sign up? If so, send me your snail mail address.

Anonymous said...

Margaret,

Your rooster is marvelous! You did a fantastic job. Your friend will love him.. High Five!

Sue

Anonymous said...

The view is just gorgeous, but so is the bag you made and your rooster sure is proud! Wonderful work, Margaret, I am glad you are enjoying this new type of stitching!

Christine said...

Love your rooster and your tote. You are just soooo talented and an excellent stitcher.

Spain is so beautiful. Thank you again for sharing such wonderful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog! and what a magnificent place to live

MysteryKnitter said...

Awesome rooster!